Delivery & Postage, Refunds & Returns
Delivery & Postage
We regret that WALK THIS WAY cannot be held responsible for loss or damage of items in transit. In the event of an item going missing, WALK THIS WAY will only refund up to the purchase amount, we will not refund anything additional to this for any reason. We also state we cannot be responsible for the delivery time frame once an order has left us. We will endeavour to assist customers with delayed parcels but once goods have have left us delivery becomes the responsibility of the carrier.
1. Goods will be packaged in suitable box(es) and/or waterproof mailing bags where appropriate.
2. We endeavour to dispatch all items within 2 working days of cleared payment being received between Tuesday and Friday’s.
3. Goods will be dispatched via a recognised courier in the UK, with proof of postage.
4. Delivery to Mainland UK is usually 3-4 working days after despatch but is not guaranteed. If you require a faster/guaranteed delivery please contact us, preferably by email so we have a written record of your requirements. We will advise on the additional cost.
5. We we will not be held responsible for any subsequent loss or damage to the parcel after it has left us. We are happy to supply the courier’s delivery details so you may contact them directly with delivery questions.
6. We will not be be responsible for any consequential loss arising from late/failed delivery or damage in transit.
7. Please allow a maximum 14 days from despatch for delivery of your order in UK/Europe (20 days for orders outside Europe). If your order fails to arrive within this time please notify us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). After this time orders will be considered to have been successfully received.
8. If you wish to make a claim for goods lost/damaged/delayed in transit please email: email@example.com leaving 28 days since original delivery sent by us. We apologies for the extended time frame but most courier’s will not begin the claim process until after 28 days since the parcel was despatched by us. You should email us requesting you wish to make an insurance claim with details of the order. We regret that no claims for goods lost/damaged/delayed in transit will be accepted before 28 days from order despatch date. If an insurance claim for loss/damage is appropriate, we undertake to reimburse within 28 days of a claim being made and approved.
8. Where a “guaranteed” delivery service is used (I.e. Royal Mail Special Delivery”) and delivery is late (as defined by the service provider), We will refund the full value of the shipping charge.
9. Outside Mainland UK, if your country is not listed at checkout, please contact us for a postage quote prior to ordering (Mainland UK excludes BFPO, Channel Islands, IoM, Eire, and other locations not served by standard (non-Royal Mail) land courier services).
1. We ship to most countries, excluding Russia, however presently this must be arranged outwith the online buying system, so please email office with your order and we will advise on the postage cost.
2. International orders will require a signature on receipt.
3. We will not ship to PO Box numbers.
4. The buyer retains responsibility for ensuring that goods purchased are allowable for import/use in your country, and for paying any costs/taxes/duties associated with importing.
5. In the event that goods posted outside UK are returned by national agencies, they must be returned in the same condition as dispatched no refund will be given where the returned goods have been damaged in any way such that they are not in a re-saleable condition. We will have the final say on their condition and will not enter into any correspondence regarding this.
6. Where an international order is returned we only offer a credit note not a cash refund. This will be for the value of the buyers original purchase price, minus, 1) postage, 2) any associated costs charged to us by external agencies (postal, governmental etc), 3) £10 per item restocking fee.
Returns & Refunds
‘Walk this way surplus’ is a UK based company and complies with UK law. We abide by the current Consumer Contracts Regulations. If you wish to return an unwanted item you may do so under these regulations by giving us notice, in writing, within 14 days of receiving the goods You must take reasonable care of the goods you wish to return. We will expect the goods to be returned to us within 28 days of receipt of receipt of the original order delivery. The goods must be in a re-saleable condition, unused, undamaged and preferably in original packaging. The purchaser will bear the cost of return postage, unless specified below.
Our aim is for you to be a satisfied customer, but in the unlikely event you need to return something please do get in touch, preferably by email, to discuss how we can help.
We happily accept returns for items ordered online inline with the below conditions:
1. Please notify us by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 14 days of delivery of goods stating your invoice number & item SKU and requesting a return. After this time goods will be considered sold and accepted. We may ask for photographs to evidence returns.
2. Items for refund must be received and signed for by us at our shop, 60 High Street,
Coldstream, TD12 4DH, within 28 days of the date of the original order. If goods are not received we cannot refund, even where they are proven to be despatch by you evidenced by a proof of posting or such like. Where the returned goods appear to be in a damage package, we will not accept the delivery and it will be returned to you. Therefore please package them securely use an appropriate courier service to ensure we receive them in a safe and in a timely manor. We recommend using an insured trackable service.
3. Where you have order sized garments, we will need in writing, a note of the size you are ordering to confirm against the garment we are sending. As military sizes are sometimes different to civilian sizes please measure yourself accurately and importantly refer to our measuring guidelines in the Terms and Conditions, section 2, Measurements and Colours.
4. Refunds will be made via the original payment method.
5. Goods customised, personalised, altered, or specially ordered in at customers request are not eligible for return unless the alternations have been done incorrectly.
6. Items for return must be in original condition and unused.
Reason for return/refund
1. If you change your mind we will refund the item full cost, including the original outgoing postage, at our basic mainland UK cost only, currently £1.99 You must remember to include all additional items that came with delivery, eg: leads, bags, freebies, etc.
2. Where items are not as advertised or we have sent the wrong item, a full refund will be made, including both way postage costs at our basic mainland UK shipping rate, currently £1.99. Where express, insured or international delivery was requested the full value of this will not be refunded. We will not refund for postage cost returns sent by services more expensive than our basic rate.
3. Where items received are damaged we will ask for evidence to this effect to produce to the carrier for refund from them. Depending on the circumstances it may be possible to avoid returning the item so please get in touch as we would like to assess the situation before you initiate a return.